Need drivers, malware help and more for Windows 98SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to run Windows 98SE. It appears some type of "Malware" has entered my system causing all kinds of problems. Would it be possible to start a forum dedicated to those who still run Windows 98Sse? Some complications I am having are:
#1 "Experts" or whatever you want to label them that suggest dumping Windows 98SE
#2 Software that says they will fix driver errors, registry errors, and all errors but don't run under Windows 98 - almost all of these scanners, detector packages won't run under Windows 98
#3 "Experts" or advisers that refer back to MicroSoft for help. This does not exist.

I need some type of program to Scan my system and detect and eliminate whatever bug(s) is/are in my system.

I need a driver to run WD Element 1TB External USB drive.

I need something to help with Disconnect problems from my router.

Sound is not working and I can't get this fixed.

I can't use a wireless interface to my router, I can't find a wireless device for Windows 98SE.

Sorry rjt4054, it is extremely unlikely that TechSpot will have a forum dedicated to Windows 98. For that reason, I am moving this thread from Site Feedback and Suggestions to Windows OS, where you might find a bit more help.

If you cannot find an antivirus compatible your system, perhaps you can attach the drive to another machine? For instance, attach the hard drive containing Windows 98 to a newer machine, and then scan the drive from an installation of 2K, XP, Vista, or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back