Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 launching on October 30

Is NFS:MW the best game ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DevilDevansh

The BEST racing game is back with killer graphics, killer cars, and killer police (literally I mean).
So get ready for some action. And the demands are 1024mb graphics and 20 gb disk space.Its evenmore demanding than GTA 4.Damn....

This was a great game for the PS2, my favorite from the Need For Speed series. The police has some great AI.

Will be picking it up :)

20GB of memory? WOOOT crazy. I hope it has some feel of the original NFS MW and is not only based on city racing, but scenery courses as well.

20GB is pretty crazy... but hopefully it will mean the graphics are better than previous games. And most importantly let's hope they remove the stupid 30fps cap from NFS The Run. That had great scenery but was just unplayable at 30fps.

yeah funny how people SOME people are worried about download only games when the ps4 comes out. sony has learned its leason from psp go. rememeber that people hated it well our attitude hasent changed cause not everyone has that amount of bandwith so disc will never lose its luster or if so not anytime soon.

And the demands are 1024mb graphics and 20 gb disk space.Its evenmore demanding than GTA 4.Damn....

You could have said Max Payne 3 having learned the drive requirement is 35gb minimum. Either way, NFS Most Wanted is rock solid in terms of graphics and perhaps smart AI. Criterion worked so hard on this it even made E3 2012 for a gameplay demo just to bring back the praise on the franchise.

For the record, The Run sucked, but a friend of mine loved the kind though he wasn't aware of mostly negative reviews from some aggregators.

I too will be waiting for Criterion's NFS Most Wanted. I played the first Most Wanted as far as I can remember. Compelling story gameplay. ;)

Wanna know something sad? hmmm..?
Well this for guys(and gals) owing a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD.Intel has this amazing thing of shared memory which can use your ram as your graphics memory.This means no more need to buy those expensive Graphicscards as you can run games on your system ram(though you still need an accelerator).But this Nvidia just wouldn't sit and see some company ending the need of their cards .So it has used it's relations with other companies, so that the game will either not run or run real slow on these accelerators....
Yeah I know,I know, sad isn't it.

I am myself a victim of Nvidia's shittiness(it's a word too small for it).

Please tell me about what you think about the above /\

Wanna know something sad? hmmm..?
Well this for guys(and gals) owing a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD.Intel has this amazing thing of shared memory which can use your ram as your graphics memory.This means no more need to buy those expensive Graphicscards as you can run games on your system ram(though you still need an accelerator).But this Nvidia just wouldn't sit and see some company ending the need of their cards .So it has used it's relations with other companies, so that the game will either not run or run real slow on these accelerators....
Yeah I know,I know, sad isn't it.

I am myself a victim of Nvidia's shittiness(it's a word too small for it).

Please tell me about what you think about the above /\​

It's extremely far-fetched to believe that any IGP can run a game with current-gen graphics at acceptable framerates while also looking reasonably good; there's pretty much zero "horsepower" to drive the graphics, so to speak.

And it's not a new thing either; the idea of a shared memory pool for graphics processors has been implemented at least half a decade ago, with ATI's HyperMemory and NVIDIA's TurboCache technologies.

Your understanding of how the technology essentially works is correct, but your understanding of the implications it has on the rest of the system and the reality of the performance of such solutions, is not.

It's extremely far-fetched to believe that any IGP can run a game with current-gen graphics at acceptable framerates while also looking reasonably good; there's pretty much zero "horsepower" to drive the graphics, so to speak.

And it's not a new thing either; the idea of a shared memory pool for graphics processors has been implemented at least half a decade ago, with ATI's HyperMemory and NVIDIA's TurboCache technologies.

Your understanding of how the technology essentially works is correct, but your understanding of the implications it has on the rest of the system and the reality of the performance of such solutions, is not.
Well I didn't say that they would have run the game very well but they can at least provide for some normal gameplay, can't they .
To speak correctly Nvidia games stop the dedicated memory from increasing.Thus my GTA 4 uses only 50mb(which is dedicated) of G-memory, while I have 1276mb of G-ram and 3gb of ram.What I said before wasn't concerning the technology but the so called problems between Nvidia and Intel.

Well I didn't say that they would have run the game very well but they can at least provide for some normal gameplay, can't they .
I highly doubt that. Unless you're comfortable playing at 800x600 or 1024x768.

To speak correctly Nvidia games stop the dedicated memory from increasing.Thus my GTA 4 uses only 50mb(which is dedicated) of G-memory, while I have 1276mb of G-ram and 3gb of ram.
This is incorrect.

What I said before wasn't concerning the technology but the so called problems between Nvidia and Intel.
NVIDIA obviously looks out for itself; the abundance of "The Way It's Meant to be Played" games is solid proof of this, I think.

Graphics memory and graphics RAM are the same thing.

Games cannot selectively use arbitrary amounts of memory or stop "memory from increasing" by themselves; graphics settings are what decide this.

This means no more need to buy those expensive Graphicscards as you can run games on your system ram(though you still need an accelerator)
Erroneous Please read up on how a modern graphics card operates, and how their architecture and design allows them better performance over integrated solutions.

Back