Need for speed most wanted LAN problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.... i am using 2 computers,the 1st one is 3.0ghz Asus board PCIexpress Geforce6200 and Marvell Yukon Network adaptor and other one is Laptop Compaq EvoN610c 2.0ghz intel based system and Ati Radeon 7800 display chip...well i connected both computer through network cable both are pinging each other burt when i am trying to play NFS most wanted on LAN then can't connect... they said connection lost i changed my manual ip addresses but invain .... idk what to do...i upgraded my games by Ea games website ...patch1.3, but no use it still no connectiing two computers ? help
i am playing Fifa 2006 On LAN by using same setting its working but a bit slow ....some delays.... can u help me plz? sorry for poor english

I have the same problem, When trying to creat game server I get the message "connection lost".
Hope some one can help us...

Firstly the version 1.3 update didn't fix my NFSMW Lan. In NFS Underground 2 I got the LAN working be editing the server.cfg file.

I got NFSMW working with the following server.cfg :
Firstly set lan_throttle to 1000 for your LAN.
In NFS UG2 I got the lan working by commenting out the TRUST_MATCH and ADDR lines. But that didn't work for MW, so eventually I got it working by changeing the IP address in these lines to my servers own IP address... and that worked for me.

#
# The server sends a ping message to the client every PINGTIME seconds
# and the client is expected to respond within PINGWAIT seconds or
# the server considers the connection to be dead and the client is
# logged out.
#
PINGTIME=20
PINGWAIT=5

#
# A client can only be idle for TIMEIDLE minutes before it is
# automatically logged out. Even if a client is not idle it can
# only be connected for a maximum of TIMEMAXM minutes.
# Either/Both values can be set to 0 to mean that the server will
# not timeout the client.
#
TIMEIDLE=0
TIMEMAXM=0

#
# Limits how many times per second the LAN server will service requests.
# Lowering this number will increase game performance for slower computers
# at the expense of sluggish response time from the server. Valid range is
# 1-1000.
#
LAN_THROTTLE=1000

##-----------------------------------------------------------------------
## DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW HERE
## (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
## ( Just Ignore the above line, it's BS )
##-----------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUST=255.255.255.255
TRUST_MATCH=%%bind("10.0.0.1")

ACCOUNT=1
MASTER=1
SLAVE=1
REDIR=1

#
# This line allows the server to determine on what interface to listen for
# connections. It can be any publicly routable IP address (this is the case
# even if the host is on a LAN that is isolated from the Internet). There is
# no communication attempted with the IP address listed here.
#
ADDR=%%bind("10.0.0.1")

Connection lost problem

hi guys unfortunatly I have tried what Robert1 suggested and it did'nt work can anybody help me ?

Sorry I can't help you, but as far as I know there is nothing like an ATI Radeon 7800. It could be either a nVidia GeForce 7800GO or some ATI Radeon card.
Just though I would inform you of that possible mistake.

Hi guys :slurp:

I have this problem too and have tried Robert1 Solution and unblock NFS MW in windows firewall, but still it dosn't work ,no change . :(
Is it enough to paste all the Robert1 post in to server.cfg file and changing the Computer IP address to 10.0.0.1 ?

Hi guys. Wow thanx for replying. I did unblock the game in windows firewall but since I'm new in using computers could you please explain how I should do it. ARH : I have tried the patch from the link you posted and unfortunatly it did'nt work, sorry. I am sure that this problem will get fixed and that you guys are going to be responsible for the success.

You have to keep your LAN machines on the same subnet. Don't change your server machine's IP address to 10.0.0.1, that's just what my machine's IP was set to. Set the two values to whatever your machine's IP address is.

Hi guys I finally got it working.Try to set your network connection, gateway primary dns and wins server to your local host IP adress.ie, if your IP adress is 192.168.0.1, then change the gateway, dns and wins to the same ip.
As well as manually setting the IPs and subnet masks of each machine, you have to set their default gateway to the IP address of the machine hosting the game. Now I'm enjoying the game via my local area network. Thanx for the help guys. :slurp:

First lesson learnt in LANning : If you don't want to give yourself a headache, set all your machines IP's and subnets manually. It's quick. It's clean. It works.

As for the DNS, gateway and WINS servers, that should be irrelevant to the game. I suggest leaving them as is if you already have internet connection sharing or DSL gateway etc. setup.

I'm glad somebody finally got their NFS LAN working.

Hello All,

I was hoping that you could help me. I have a similar problem with connection lost on NFS MW.

No.1 machine will host and the no. 2 machine will see it but it will not connect to the host (no.2 will not host) both due to ....connection to LAN server has been lost.....

I have read the thread and hope that this is going to sort my problem, but i don't quite understand.

You say
Hi guys I finally got it working.Try to set your network connection, gateway primary dns and wins server to your local host IP adress.ie, if your IP adress is 192.168.0.1, then change the gateway, dns and wins to the same ip.
As well as manually setting the IPs and subnet masks of each machine, you have to set their default gateway to the IP address of the machine hosting the game. Now I'm enjoying the game via my local area network. Thanx for the help guys.

How do i set my network connection, gateway primary dns and wins server to my local host IP address? i assume this is the IP add. of the no. 1 machine hosting the game?

Do i set this in my TCP/IP properties> Alt. configuration tab? or in the general tab....am i way off?

Do i need to set DNS, gateway and WINS servers, or is this irrelevant to the game and if i need to manually set the IPs and subnet masks of each machine do i set all to the same ?

would really appreciate help .....Thanks, Mike

yeah i have a problem running the lan mode game too. i was wondering if i have set the alternet ip configuration to my ip address or what.

hi..
first of all thanks for the advise. i have applied the settings provided by robert1 this is my setting:
host pc:
ip add 192.168.1.1
subnet 255.255.255.0
dns 192.168.1.1
wins 192.168.1.1
default gateway 192.168.1.1
client pc:
ip add 192.168.1.2
subnet 255.255.255.0
dns 192.168.1.1
wins 192.168.1.1
and i still cant get the lan mode working. in the host when i try to start the lan server it just returns a messgae connection lost
i dont know what to do with it. by the way i am talking about nfsmw here. pls people some advice...

robert1 said:
First lesson learnt in LANning : If you don't want to give yourself a headache, set all your machines IP's and subnets manually. It's quick. It's clean. It works.
I strongly beg to differ. MOST people don't understand IP nor networking and
there's a higher chance of mucking it all up, when DHCP would get it right
without all the fuss.

Secondly, "connection lost" has nothing to do with static vs dynamic configurations.

Online gaming (Internet or LAN) stresses normal routers significantly.
For this reason, as well as the fact that the boxes are shipped with old software,
the first responce for Internet/Lan connectivity issues is to download and install
the latest firmware from your vendor.

i do understand that most ppl muck it up bcoz of their little knowledge about network config but i did try it with a linksys router before trying to go for the manual setup but both of them failed . is there any version fact in the game itself i mean does it need any kinda update or patch for the lan mode to work properly? and something else you can ask how am i so sure about my config ??? there is file called eainfo.exe which comes with game itself to show that the device meets all the requirement to play the game. after configuring the network adapter i checked the network config in that file to see that my config is actually accepted or not. i see that settings are there on the both machine ut still i cant get them working...

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!

NFSU2 lan not conecting

i am trying 2 play NFSU2 on 2 computers, one using Vista the other XPs2. the LAN keeps saying connecting to lobby but then it just says not connected after a while. help

Nfs most wanted lan prob

I would advice to set manual IP for all the pc's which are on lan.
Eg

Ip address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet : It will take by default
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.100
DNS: 192.168.1.100

all the other system should have the same lan/wifi config with the IP address changed.eg
and so on.
You Should check that all the firewall in your system are disabled including the default firewall.

you can check if the connection is established btw system by ping command.
eg
start->run->ping 192.168.1.2 -t
if everything goes fine you should get a response.

Next run the game and make the Lan server on a system Running Windows XP and not windows vista.
I dont know what the problem is with windows vista but the server created on windows vista is not detectable.

Make a server on windows Xp system.

Then it should be detectable by all systems.
This worked for me.
Hope This works 4 u too.

I would advice to set manual IP for all the pc's which are on lan.
Eg
Ip address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet : It will take by default
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.100
DNS: 192.168.1.100
Most of us highly recommend AGAINST using manual TCP configs; here's an example
of why:
Ip address: 192.168.1.1 This is a standardized address for a router not a workstation (the other one is at x.254)
Subnet : It will take by default ? Without DHCP, there is no default.
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.100 ouch! only one in 254 chances that this is correct and it's no known router's default address
DNS: 192.168.1.100may or may not work depending upon the vendor firmware forwarding DNS requests
DHCP is a one-time request at boot or first network access time, sets the tcp config and then
disappears entirely. Dynamic TCP is the most reliable means to get a vaild and stable network connection.
The SOLE exception is were you need one system to be at a known location for
others to access, ie: a server address. The right way to setup a lan with server(s) is:
  1. set manual addresses for the server at the high end of the range
  2. set the others to DHCP and limit the ip range to less than the lowest server address
If you have SRVR-A and SRV-B, the set A= 192.168.1.200 and B= 192.168.1.201.
Now in your router, restrict DHCP address range to 192.168.1.2 thru 192.168.1.199
Life will be good :)

If you want to ensure access by name, add these two lines to
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host with notepad:
192.168.1.200 srvra
192.168.1.210 srvrb​
save the file and then copy to all your systems. Life will even be better :) :)
prototype_nsx said:
ip add 192.168.1.1
subnet 255.255.255.0
dns 192.168.1.1
wins 192.168.1.1
client pc:
ip add 192.168.1.2
subnet 255.255.255.0
dns 192.168.1.1
wins 192.168.1.1
most of us have lan's with routers; eg
Code:
modem---router---systemA
            +---systemB
and the above easily conflicts with the default router address of linksys routers. The above would work ONLY when the systems
are NOT attached to a router, but only each other using a cross-over cable; eg
Code:
 systemA-----systemB

keep your life simple: a router belongs at x.x.y.1 and systems at y.2 -> y.254
y.0 and y.255 are broadcast address so don't even thing of using these.

If you visit the Network forum, you will see that one of the first things recommended
for connection issues is to update the router firmware and the network adapter drivers. This frequently solves 80% of the issues.

GAMING places heavy stress on our routers and that is why there are some models specifically marketed as gaming routers.

i do understand that most ppl muck it up bcoz of their little knowledge about network config but i did try it with a linksys router before trying to go for the manual setup but both of them failed . is there any version fact in the game itself i mean does it need any kinda update or patch for the lan mode to work properly? and something else you can ask how am i so sure about my config ??? there is file called eainfo.exe which comes with game itself to show that the device meets all the requirement to play the game. after configuring the network adapter i checked the network config in that file to see that my config is actually accepted or not. i see that settings are there on the both machine ut still i cant get them working...

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!
hei i'll make it easy for you . first open the properties of your lan in the server machine and then follow the followings steps
click on internet protocol>properties then write the following--:
ip -192.168.0.1
subnet- 255.255.255.0
default gateway- 192.168.0.1
click on use preffered dns then type
preferred dns 192.168.0.1
click on advanced and then select wins tile and type
add>type 192.168.0.1>add
then return to lan properties and click on advanced>windows firewall settings>off
then in the client pc open its lan properties & follow these steps
click on internet protocol>properties then write the following--:
ip -192.168.0.2 or (192.168.0.3)
subnet- 255.255.255.0
default gateway- 192.168.0.1
click on use preffered dns then type
preferred dns 192.168.0.1
click on advanced and then select wins tile and type
add>type 192.168.0.1>add
then return to lan properties and click on advanced>windows firewall settings>off
this will do to get nfs mw running in lan

this will do to get nfs mw running in lan
this is fine for a quick test, but DO NOT EXPECT TO LEAVE IT OFF!

If the test w/o the FW works, then you only need to properly configure the FW.
If not, then there are other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back