TechSpot

Need for speed underground 2 graphics problem

By MisterPaulo
Nov 19, 2005
  1. OS: Windows XP
    CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+
    RAM: 1024Mb
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

I recently installed Need for speed underground 2 on this system. The menu navigates fine and theres no problems at all. Until i start driving about. Sometimes it pauses for a few seconds at a time and then the graphics corrupt and polygons fly everywhere with strange textures, like below:

[​IMG]

I've updated my Nvidia drivers, Direct X drivers and also patched the game to the latest [1.2] version. I've also tried older nvidia drivers but with no result.

It's not the power supply as i have a 450watt PSU.

I tried installing it on another computer and it works fine, the other system has the same CPU but less RAM and an older graphics card.

I also tried lowering the hardware acceleration in my Nvidia properties. Still no luck although it does seem to delay the freezing slightly.

ALSO, my machine works fine with battlefield 2 [other most recent game i have] and the graphics turned up a bit.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. blue_dragon

blue_dragon TS Rookie Posts: 190

3. MisterPaulo

MisterPaulo TS Rookie Topic Starter

I've tried re-installing it a few times with the maximum install and also the minimum one.

Both systems have the same model of sempron 2400+. The other system has 512mb Ram which is half of mine.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.