Need for speed underground 2 graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+
RAM: 1024Mb
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

I recently installed Need for speed underground 2 on this system. The menu navigates fine and theres no problems at all. Until i start driving about. Sometimes it pauses for a few seconds at a time and then the graphics corrupt and polygons fly everywhere with strange textures, like below:

nfs23bq.jpg

I've updated my Nvidia drivers, Direct X drivers and also patched the game to the latest [1.2] version. I've also tried older nvidia drivers but with no result.

It's not the power supply as i have a 450watt PSU.

I tried installing it on another computer and it works fine, the other system has the same CPU but less RAM and an older graphics card.

I also tried lowering the hardware acceleration in my Nvidia properties. Still no luck although it does seem to delay the freezing slightly.

ALSO, my machine works fine with battlefield 2 [other most recent game i have] and the graphics turned up a bit.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

MisterPaulo said:
I tried installing it on another computer and it works fine, the other system has the same CPU but less RAM and an older graphics card.

QUOTE]

have u tried reinstalling the game on yuor own pc...r u able to differintiate between amd's and the quality of ram?

I've tried re-installing it a few times with the maximum install and also the minimum one.

Both systems have the same model of sempron 2400+. The other system has 512mb Ram which is half of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back