Need graphic upgrade info for EMachine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have introduced myself, I am looking for an answer to a few issues. It concerns the EMachine D2685 and the fact I would like to upgrade the unit somewhat? This machine was purchased about two years previously, with several other models. Although I use this PC, for general enjoyment on the Internet. My major work has been to clean and restore maps of historical classification.

I, alas, do not have the unique background for understanding computers, so I would appreciate anybody who could assist me in upgrading this machine.

I am looking for a new mother board combo, that will assist me with the use of graphic programs such as photoshop SC-2. I need to be able to download very large maps and scan, digitize and clean-restore these old documents.

I probably also need a graphics card as well, to move images effectively around the screen.

I have on the machine upgraded to 1 gig Rom, with a Sony burning drive.

Currently I am having some problems with the HD, so I purchased a 500 gig external from Seagate and tranferred all images to this module.

Can anybody supply me with a good Mother board brand combo, that will give me some extra time until I buy a new machine.

Something around $200.00

Appreciate any assistance

I'm trying to find specs of your pc but its looking scarse, looks like your ram is pc2100, its a mini atx. I'm sure we can find you something with a mobo and gpu for around that much

It's the usual Intel Celeron 2.6GHz 400Mhz FSB processor board. The memory is PC2100. It looks like there is no AGP port, only PCI... You would have to be out of you mind to pay $159.95 for this board. It's worth about $45. eMachines doesn't have it available. Impact Computers does.

Look for a mini-ATX Celeron 400MHz, PC2100 DDR board. You might change the power supply while you're at it

Appreciate your expedited response

I am looking into the Mini-Atx Celeron, to see if its available somewhere. Located a website called Pricewatch that seemed to have reasonable prices. They have an awful lot of interesting stuff, so perhaps they can assist me.

Obviously this unit is compatable with my unit.

Again, appreciate your time and consideration

Be sure to specify Celeron 400MHz and PC2100 if you want to be able to use your present processor and memory. You will have to buy a copy of XP because your eMachines restore CD's won't work with the new motherboard.

My processor is the newer Celeron D. It's FSB (Front Side Bus) speed is 533MHz

It will take PC3200.
To make anything work, you need a power supply upgrade to 450 Watts... Cooler Master, Antec, FSP or equivalent.
The T-2685 is on the list of 25 most unreliable computers after the first two years have flown by. I would put all my money into a much better computer, but the eMachines recovery disc will only work in the eMachines for which they were made.

But Raybay,
this eMachines is a D2685, not a T2685. A 450 watt power supply is not really necessary, but it wouldn't hurt would it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back