Need Graphics Card help

Sully54

I need to buy a new graphics card. The fan went out on my old one, tried to fix, but it didn't help. Went online to get another card like the one I have, but it seems to be obsolete. So I figured I would just upgrade, but don't know how to figure out what I need. My system specs are as follows:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @3.40GHZ; Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1; 8GB ram; Terabyte HD.
I do have a PCIe x16(2.0) slot, a 500W power supply. My MB is a Biostar H61MHB, my ram is 2DDR3. My system was built by CyberPower. Looking for a graphics card between $100-$200. Thanks for your help.

Those all look great, but I believe they will be too large for the space I have and they are all 3.0 where my PCI express slot is a X16(2.0). Does that make a difference?

Those all look great, but I believe they will be too large for the space I have and they are all 3.0 where my PCI express slot is a X16(2.0). Does that make a difference?
Space wise, depends on the previous card you had and which model, can you link to it? But except for the R9 280, you should have more than enough room for the other two as they are not very big.

As for the PCI-E 2.0 to 3.0, they are compatible both ways and will cause no problems.

Can't link, but can tell you I have a AMD Radeon HD 7700 series.
Then you should be fine if it was something like an HD 7750, 7770, or 7790. Any of the cards I linked are not to big and should fit in any normal tower machine. Even the R9 280 is not that huge and should fit fine based on what specs are listed I can assume it would fit fine. My friend bought a very inexpensive CyberpowerMachine from best buy that had a very small case and he was able to fit an GTX 680 in eventually just fine.

As long as your case looks similar in design (Just size and shape) to this you should have no problems.

Another GPU that you can check out would be MSI R9 270 GAMING for 180$.One of the best GPUs between 150-200$.Or you can see what RADEON 7000 series GPUs can you get for that money(maybe 7870 or even 7950).

Back