Need graphics drivers/Computer restarting when playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a radeon 9800 pro i need to find drivers for it plus when i am playing games i can play for like 5 min then my computer restarts i just had windows reinstaled and i had some bad memorey in my computer i had 1g now i think i only have 512 can anyone tell me why i cant play games plz help

Have patience Grasshopper. This isn't a chat room. :)

Post the rest of your system specifications so we can better diagnose your problem. Give brand names and models including your power supply.

Did you have this same problem before you reinstalled Windows?

For ATI graphic card drivers go the the ATI site: click here.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First. you shouldn`t be bumping threads, unless you have received no replies after 24 to 36 hours.

You can get your graphics drivers from the ATI website.

As for your computer rebooting. Take a look at this thread HERE.

Also, go HERE and follow the instructions.

Finally. Please use proper and descriptive thread titles.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

u guys will hate me

when i got my computer it was a gift frome a friend i only know a little about my computer i know it is a amd and i have the radeon 9800 pro card 2 80g hard drives 512ddr ram and in truth thats about all i know so if u can help me ill listen and try to learn as fast as i can so im not in the way i like computers alot and there is so much to learn i just need help geting started

ATI Video Cards

Blkoby said:
Ok i have a radeon 9800 pro i need to find drivers for it plus when i am playing games i can play for like 5 min then my computer restarts i just had windows reinstaled and i had some bad memorey in my computer i had 1g now i think i only have 512 can anyone tell me why i cant play games plz help

Suggest you switch over to a vid card using an NVIDIA chip. I've had that problem pop up several times on several systems. Seems like the coding on many of the games is maximized for NVIDIA. After switching over the problem went away. Also make sure you have proper cooling/ventilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back