Need help about BSOD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello TECHspot! I'm from Denmark, but I've come to you now, because none of the Danish formums were good enough to help me with my problem.

You can see my system specs in my profile, I have just updated it.

Okay, my problem is as follows:

I keep getting Blue Screens of Death, at random times. Sometimes it can take hours, and even days before I get a new crash, but It's happening more often than not! and it's driving me insane!

I've built my PC in the start of June, and there was no errors or BSOD's until a month ago, when I downloaded a microsoft update patch. For some safety error, and I think a netframe update too. Funny enough then it all began after that.

But the last 2-3 weeks it's been really bad, and I've used over a week just searching google,(mostly this forum came up) everytime I was "lucky" enough to get a new mini dump... and I've followed all the error codes that it' been giving me, and done what was suggested, but still to no avail.

I've updated my Motherboard BIOS drivers (atleast, thats what I think "flash" bios means???) and I'm using newest Nvidia drivers for my gfx card. I've updated my RealTek sound drivers, and my Logitech mouse drivers. Everything is up to date and dandy, but I'm still getting errors.

I've run Memtest 85+ and Orthos Primestress test, for Multi Core hyperthreaded CPU's atleasts that's what I think I had to run, and I've run a Memory Diagnosis program from Microsoft. Now, Memtest didn't find any errors for 10 passes (6hours) and Orthos didn't find anything either. Now Microsoft program from www.oca. something, "Hangs" doing the extended test, and at a time it just bugged and gave me alot of wierd colors on the screen.

My tempetures, (using speedfan and/or asus probe) is low, 35-40 celcius degrees at max, even after 10-12 hours play. So it's not a heat issue.

I have no idea what to do now! ... please help me. I have downloaded a debugwiz thingy, so I could attach all the minidumps if that would be useful.

I really hope someone can help me !! I've tried everything ! and can't find the bugger!

thanks alot in advance. - Anabash

Mini dump files in a zip folder.

Attachments

• Mini dumps 999.zip
    88.4 KB · Views: 6
Analysis of your six latest minidumps shows 3 minidumps crash with MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT. This is a symptom of faulty or incompatible ram. Try running your system with just one stick of ram and see if your system becomes stable. If it doesn`t, take out that ram and try another stick or ram. Try using different dim slots. The other 3 minidumps I`ve looked at are also consistent with a ram problem.

Let me know the results.

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

Followup: memory_corruption

Regards Howard :)

Okay, will try running with just 1 Ram Stick, i've just received another bsod, while playing World of Warcraft, and having Windows Media Player running in the back ground. It said something about n4.disp.dll was the cause of the error, now this I know is my gfx card drivers, But, I've gotten this error both with the drivers on the CD that followed with my card, and also gotten this error with the newest drivers from nvidia.com ... so, I don't really know what it could be. But, most of my BSOD, from my own assumption, are due to Memory Corruption, as you say yourself, and I'm just thinking that, since Memtest didn't find any errors, could it be the Ram on the gfx that makes me get BSOD? ... also, most of the errors seems related to driver files, like my mouse drivers made a bsod, real tek drivers made a bsod, and gfx drivers made a error.. and also a Avast Anti Virus, caused a BSOD, but i've changed to AVG now, and also, i've uninstalled Nvidia Active Armor(firewall) and using standard Windows, and Zone Alarm. Also, tried uninstalling Nvidia network access manager, but that file won't completely uninstall somehow.. =)

gonna try with one memory stick now.

Good luck with running the one stick of ram. Another possibility and one that I`ve seen all to often, is an underpowered or faulty psu. That could cause all manner of bsod`s.

Regards Howard :)

Hello, I took out the RAM in the Dimm1 slot, and been using only one 1024mb ram stick for a few hours now, and no crashes or BSOD so far, (knocking on wood) ... I use to get the error/blue screen most often when I've just started my computer, after having it turned off in the night. So I'll see tomorrow, if any errors occurs, then I'll try the other stick, and if errors there too, then I'll try and put them in Dimm 3 and 4 slots... and if still failure, then I guess, buy new ram ??

edit: My PSU is one of the top rated in the world atm I think. It's Seasonic and Corsair that has stood together and made it. It has +18A on 12v1 and +17A on 12v2 ... and 520Watt.

anyone know any solutions for n4_disp dll error its says it's, in infinte loop if anyone knows please answer please i cant play css.

yes what type of computer do you have - brand and model

Ok well I have family coming in so I have to go, the first thing to try is go to the manufacturer of your computers website. look for a support and download section. put in which model you have and look for drivers. The one driver that seems to cause this error is your video driver

If the video driver is not loading correctly, another program may have replaced some files. Please see the following article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314854/EN-US/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back