TechSpot

Need help analyzing Minidumps, Event IDs, + BSOD

By sagaticus
May 16, 2006
  1. I recently had around 6 BSOD's in the past 3 days. I've d/l WinDBG and tried taking a look at some of my minidumps. There seem to be alot of Kernel crashes and some device driver crashes... one of which was a pci conextant modem driver (that I just removed).

here is the (common recurring) BSOD:

EVENT ID: 1003
    Error code 0000000a, parameter1 0000ffdf, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 806e4a8e.

These files were noted in the attached minidumps:

HSF_CNXT.sys (modem driver)
    nvata.sys (NVidia ATA - I have SATA)
    sptd.sys
    ACPI.sys
    CLASSPNP.SYS
    Ntfs.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe
    HPZid412.sys (some HP driver is crashing?)
    nv4_disp.dll
    hal.dll (why HAL?)
    mssmbios.sys

I'm thinking the following: My Event log has TCP/IP and page pool errors (event ids: 2019,2029,4226,7036,8003). I've been using Azureus and and burning DVD's simultaneously... so I think it can be (1) a Max Connections (tcpip.sys) issue and/or (2) too much is being d/l and the pagefile and RAM can't keep up so it crashes. I have an x2 dual core and I thought this is a multitasking chip!

One last Event ID leads me to Azureus:
    This came in as Event ID: 1
    "The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000009A' while processing the file 'tracker.config.saving' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume."

I googled tracker.config.saving and found only 1 result...

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.