Need help ASAP (associating blank dvd's)

By tonberry
Sep 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all. I've a problem regarding blank dvd discs that I'll briefly clarify.

First of all, I've a dvd-rw burner that is able to record mpeg and avi files onto a dvd-r blank disc successfully. This is as far as I've gone with testing what types of files work correctly on a blank dvd disc.

However, after trying to record mp3 files (and other types of data), I get no output. That is, re-inserting the recorded blank dvd disc into my dvd drive to find that the dvd drive doesn't detect it or any sort of data! I recieve the common "please insert disc in E: drive" message and this isn't the first blank dvd I've experimented with.

I've used 2 blank dvd disc's in order to utilise both 2 different methods of recording mp3 files using the software Nero Express 6 and Ashampoo BurningStudio. The first method was, using the 'Create a data-cd option' and secondly 'Create an mp3 music cd' with both software.

I am totally bewildered and find it very difficult to understand why this would happen to be the unexpected result. Could such a problem occur with cd's and cd burners also? Is there a solution to this? :S
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.