Need Help ASAP! Having Major Computer Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that, but it didn't save as a .txt file! Also, I cannot find Go Advanced! Thanks for your help! :bounce:

Inside Hijackthis, you can save the file as hjt.txt instead of hjt.log
Also, using Explorer, you could rename the log-into a txt-file.
The go Advanced button you find under the Message box at the bottom of each page.

realblackstuff said:
Inside Hijackthis, you can save the file as hjt.txt instead of hjt.log
Also, using Explorer, you could rename the log-into a txt-file.
The go Advanced button you find under the Message box at the bottom of each page.

When I click on my log file, it says that it is a text document! However, when I go to upload it, it is .log! Also, where is the Go Advanced button! I don't see it ANYWHERE! And, how the hell do I rename the log into txt? I tried that, but it just makes it "hijackthis.txt.log"!

When your log comes up place your mouse on the top highlight all of it scroll all the way down .. The letters will be blue at this point press ctrl+"C" on keyboard this is copy open note pad press ctrl+"Z" key this is paste then save as it will defult to text and save anywhere .. If you are having problems try that way ...

ThreeD said:
When I click on my log file, it says that it is a text document! However, when I go to upload it, it is .log! Also, where is the Go Advanced button! I don't see it ANYWHERE! And, how the hell do I rename the log into txt? I tried that, but it just makes it "hijackthis.txt.log"!

Are your folder options set to display file extensions? In a folder, go to Tools, Folder Options...view tab. Make sure the box for "hide extensions for known filetypes" is UNchecked. (Always hated that default...)

Apply that then you should be able to rename correctly. Or you could just open the log, copy the text, and do a desktop rightclick new...text doc. and make sure it's named with a .txt extension, and of course paste the log contents into this new .txt.

As for the "Go advanced" I didn't see that option either. But I scrolled past the faces and there was a box for "additional options" at the bottom with a big button for "manage attachments".

Under the last message is the Quick Reply box that is greyed out first. Underneath that is the Go Advanced button.
See attached picture, if your screen looks different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back