Need Help buying a new laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenmachine

Hi guys. My girlfriend is looking to buy a laptop for school and is wanting to spend less than $800. She does not really need anything to crazy but I would like it to have a good processor (no celeron or sempron), 40-60GB hard drive, and 512-1GB RAM. I have been shopping around a little bit on dell.com, mrnotebook.com, and compusa.com.
1. Dell's Inspiron E1505 looks pretty nice.
2.http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...oduct_code=340179&Pn=Aspire_5003WLMi_Notebook

what do you guys think? I am not limited to these two laptops by any means.
Cheers

Asus make some very descent laptops for a very competitive price.

I havnt got time to look now, but if you remind me later I'll investigate for you.

Regards,

Korrupt

If you get no response, try sending him a PM (private message).

Sorry mate, totally forgot about this. Anyways, as I said, Asus make some VERY nice laptops. In your pricerange, unfortunately I couldnt find any, but for $200 more, you can get a very nice one HERE
Another brand I've had good experiences with is LG, and they are in your pricerange, the K1323MA should be just within your price range, I couldnt find any pages within America but here is an Australian one: http://www.stormcomputers.com.au/ca...=1607&osCsid=d1a27612f4a382faef9dcfff102d9740.

Keep in mind that the Australian dollar is worth less than the USD so it whould work out at about $800.

Regards,

Korrupt

Thanks for the help

We ended up going with Dell's Inspiron E1505
Here are the specs:
1). we upgraded processor - Intel Core Duo Proc T2400 1.83GHz
2). we upgraded RAM - 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
3). 60GB 5400rpm SATA Hard drive
4). 24X CD burner/DVD combo drive
5). we upgraded wireless card - Intel Pro/wireless 3945a/g
6). 15.4" Wide Screen XGA display with TrueLife
7). Windows XP Media Center Edition - I am not too wild about this OS but I have a Windpws XP PRo CD I will probably install.

With TAX and shipping it came out to $900. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back