TechSpot

Need help/cable to run back speakers AND front headphone jacks

By Ruvan22
Nov 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,
    I recently built a computer over the summer and have got most of it working. Unfortunately, I am still having a problem with the sound for this system. I am using my motherboard's (Asus A8N5X) on board sound, and the back ports work perfectly thus far. The problem is that my case (NZXT Guardian) has front ports for headphone/microphone. To connect the internal wires for these ports to the Line out_L and Line out_R, I have to take off the jumpers that connect them to BLINE_OUT_L and BLINE_OUT_R. Doing so disables the back sound ports. From talking to others, it appears this is a common problem with many soundboards/cases. How have you guys gotten around it? Or alternately, does anybody know where I can buy an internal audio extension wire that has one male end and two female (or a jumper) end? Thanks for any advice!
    Ruvan
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.