Need help cant boot old OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I recently got a new HD(it was cheap). I have Windows pro on my old one. I put the new HD in the same comp and installed Windows Home on it(pro is kind of corrupt and didnt want to delete my files). So anyone I can't boot into my Windows Pro now...
Also in the boot menu it has my old HD as the primary boot but you can load either 1 ...if you load pro it will say something about the hardware.
If I change it to boot from the new HD primarly it will go to this firmware thing and start counting up.

BTW: I could boot Pro before I installed home.

If you left your 'old' HD where it was and just added the 'new' HD as a slave or on the other IDE-cable, all should be well.
If you put the 'new' disk in place of the 'old' one, and made the 'old' HD a slave or put it on the other IDE-cable, your 'old XP-pro won't work anymore.
You would need to modify the boot.ini file.
Do a 'Search' (under Welcome Dark...) on this forum with 'boot.ini' for details

Does that mean it works now?
You will have to be more specific, with EXACT error messages etc.

if you load pro it will say something about the hardware.
If I change it to boot from the new HD primarly it will go to this firmware thing and start counting up.
is no good...

Heres what it says when I try to boot Pro:
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

This is what happens when I put my 2nd hd as first boto device.

Novell Netware Ready Firmware v1.00(940810)
(C) Copyright 1991 - 1994, In. All Rights Reserved.
Via PCI 10/100MB Fast Ethernet Adapter v.3.33(10/09/2001)
Anaylzing network Media Type, this will take serveral seconds.
OK.

RPL-ROM-ADE: 000A(or o) E658 AABD
RPL-ROM-IRQ:5
RPL-ROM-P10: D400

RPL-ROM-FFC: (Number starts counting up)

Your PC is not booting from the harddisk, but booting from a Network card.
Change the bootsequence in BIOS, and if you can, DISable booting from Network.
Once in Windows, in your network-CARD Properties settings, using the Configure button, also disable the Bootrom there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back