Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam

Corsair value select DDR2 or Crucial DDR2, which is better

Hi

I am in the process of building a PC and I need some advise as to which type or brand of memory to use that will keep my system stable. Also in terms of quality and performance.

I have purchased the following parts for my configeration and I will be using 2 of my existing HD's, Hitachi Deskstar 7k250 SATA1 150GB.

Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 630 Socket 775 3.0 GHz 2MB 800FSB
Sapphire Technology Radeon X1600XT 256MB PCIE DVI

I will mainly be using it for general PC use, occaisional gaming, video encoding, watching movies, WinRAR and Azureus P2P.

I am thinking of buying the following memory modules. but not sure if I should choose a Corsair Value Select or TWIN2X2048-5400C4, 675MHz.

Crucial Part Number: CT2KIT12864AA667
Module Size: 2GB kit (1GBx2)
Package: 240-pin DIMM
Feature: DDR2 PC2-5300
Specs: DDR2 PC2-5300 • CL=5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR2-667 • 1.8V • 128Meg x 64

I done this memory compatibility search on the Crucial website and the above was included among others. In terms of quality and performace, is the above Crucial 2GB memory a good choice for a for this system or should I choose a Corsair Value select?

Is there a lot of difference quality and performace wise between Corsair and Crucial memory?

Many Thanks.

the quality between the brands is about the same- they're both very good. RTFM to determine what the manufactuer prefers.

If you don't plan to overclock (and I don't recommend it) Value select memory is fine. There is a very good article on the screen about this when hit the techspot homepage.

Is there much difference between the Crucial and the Value Select memory?

I would like to use dual channel 2GB 667MHz memeory and could not find a 2GB Corsiar Value select memeory from the Corsair's memeory recommendation search on their website, the XMS2's are more expensive and I don't plan to do any overclocking.

However, the 2GB Crucial memory with 667MHz which I mentioned in my previous post was included in the recommendations when I used the Crucial website and the price seems reasonable £144.

Which of the two brands memory would you say will perform better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back