Need Help Choosing IPS Monitor

Thorah

I need to have an IPS monitor for doing my digital illustrations.
Currently, I only have my laptop's display to use but it's not really good.
I'm only starting out and still in the learning stage so I can't go for very expensive ones.

Also, even though IPS panels are already very common, stores in my area only has few models and brands available.

I'm choosing between these:

Asus VX239H 23" Widescreen IPS LED Monitor

LG IPS MONITOR MP65

LG 23EA63V

Dell S2240L

I've done some research on it but I would really like to have a second opinion and know which would be the best choice.
I'm also open for other suggestions. I just hope it's available here in the Philippines.

Thank you in advance.

I am using 2x Dell U2412M, eIPS panel, great viewing angles, great colors, great response time (gaming). And it's 16:10, not squeezed like the 16:9 options.

I use the exact same monitor as vedolino and it's the best bang for the buck. As he mentioned above great viewing angles, 16:10 and I've never witnessed any ghosting in game. Great value.

Thank you for the suggestion. I looked it up and it seems to be a very nice IPS monitor, it's available here too.

One thing though... The Dell U2412M is lacking HDMI.
My laptop only has HDMI & VGA ports. VGA is not good so HDMI is a must.

But do you think using HDMI DVI adapters would work? I mean, it wouldn't affect the quality of display?

Thanks again.

<snip>
The video signal over DVI is basically the same as HDMI. The maximum resolution potential depends on the equipment, though. Some cables and hardware (called single-link) can only do 1,920x1,200, while others (dual-link) can do more.
DVI generally doesn't do audio (it varies). So if you're using a TV, use HDMI. Since computer monitors don't usually have speakers, this isn't an issue.
<snip>
You can convert some of these cables into others. For example, DVI and HDMI are generally convertible using a simple adapter. Some DisplayPort connections will also work with DVI and HDMI with an adapter, but not all.
<snip>

Source link

Dvi and hdmi are digital signals, they consist of many 0's and 1. So either there is a signal or there isn't, it can not vary in quality. so, the quality will not be downgraded if using a dvi-hdmi adapter.

Alright. Thank you very much for the answers. I'll go with the Dell U2412M.
I just need to save up more since it's a few thousand over my current price range.

Last question, should I still calibrate the screen or it's fine out-of-the-box?

If I should, do you have any suggestions as to what software to use?

It really depends on a piece. Mine is superb but you'll see in the end if you don't like the colours calibrate it :D because options

Back