TechSpot

Need Help Choosing Mobo Please!

By korrupt
Aug 28, 2006
  1. Shortly after posting my previous thread on mobo selection I discovered that I have a few other motherboards available for my purchase. These are:

Gigabyte GA-945P-S3

Intel 965LTCK

Asus p5 ld2 vm

I can also get the following motherboard but this is almost twice as much. Unless there is a HUGE difference I will not buy it, it is:

Intel 975XBXLKR

I would really appreciate any replies.

Regards,

Korrupt

2. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,060

Hey guys,

Dont mean to be pushy but i desperately need a reply as I need to order the parts within the next 7 hours...

Regards,

Korrupt

3. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 1,088

I am building a Core 2 Duo system and i chose that Gigabyte, from what i have heard they make a good product, and their good for overclocking. I hate the lack of low priced core 2 boards lol.

4. korrupt

Thanks for your reply,

anyone else have an opinion on the issue?

Regards,

Korrupt

5. korrupt

No-one?:(

Regards,

Korrupt

6. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 883

From the list you have I would get the Gigabyte also. The ASUS is a Micro board so it has less expansion room.

7. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

If you're not into overclocking I would recommend the Intel one myself. They're "vanila" boards but very stable & reliable.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.