Need help choosing monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllewe

ok so i have some left over gift money from the holidays, and i have decided to make another upgrade for my PC.

Up until this time i have been using a 17 inch compaq CRT that i got from a buddy for free.

This includes transporting it back and forth to lans, and gaming parties. Needless to say, i am growing quite tired of lugging this monitor that is like a rock to and fro.

So now i want a LCD monitor.I know the basics, Respose time, native resolution etc. But i have never owned one, and i have no idea waht is a good brand and a bad brand.

So im asking you techspot gods to help me pick out an LCD monitor.

Here are the outlines... 1. It needs to be as cheap as possible.
2. I dont want a huge extravgent display, just a
decent performer
3. I really dont care about size, 15inches is ok with
me (unless you think not)

What kind of budget are you looking at? You can get a fairly good 17" LCD in the $250 range these days. NEC and Samsung make really good budget level LCD monitors. Newegg is also currently sellling some LG monitors for bellow factory pricing ($250 range). Dell is another good company to buy from. We all know their PCs are crap, but they make some really good monitors actually.

And if I can offer my 2 yen, you have to get a 17". I can't imaging gaming on a 15". Don't do that to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back