Need help decrypting 3 minidumps please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxxxy

Steps taken to try and troubleshoot the errors.

1. Air compressed computer.
2. Reformatted
3. Bios flash corrupted Bios. Thankfully managed to upgrade it.
4. Disk checks and defrags.
5. Updated software, e.g. windows, virus, firewall etc.
6. Made sure memory was at its recommended 2.1 4-4-4-12 timings.

Last time I tested each memory stick 1 at a time with memtest86. They were fine.

Can test again if you think thats best.

In the past I have had bug checks caused by Trend anti virus and my memory being under utilized by voltage.

Any ideas on what else to try?

Thanks for any feedback regarding this. Much appreciated.

Dump 1:
BugCheck 100000D1, {58b78db6, 2, 1, b6294247}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Dump 2:
BugCheck 10000050, {fffffffa, 1, b571a795, 0}
Probably caused by : vsapint.sys ( vsapint+cd795 )

Dump 3:
BugCheck 100000D1, {10, 2, 0, b635ba2f}
Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!CIrpStream::Complete+38 )

How many passes did you let Memtest make on your RAM? You should let it run for at least 7 passes. If it's not your RAM, it may be your video memory.

Vsapint.sys belongs to Trend Micro and if you have any of their software installed again, uninstall it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "and my memory being under utilized by voltage", but if you've had voltage related issues in the past, perhaps you might want to try a different PSU. I would imagine this very well could be the cause of unstable voltages.

What Z said especially about at least 7 passes; plus when was the last time you updated Tend Micro? F.Y.I. their website has been hacked as reported by our very TechSpot and you can find the article on the home page. it seems a malware was introduced.

My Bios was setting my memory at 1.8/9v. I changed it to 2.1 and never had any troubles. The new Bios was meant to fix memory compatibility troubles. Updated trend yesterday after the format.

As for the power supply it is a Thermaltake 850watt modular one. Could that have trouble running 4x500gig hdds and an 8800gtx?

I think I did about 10passes on each memory stick last time. I guess I'll try them again since 1 of em them points to memory corruption. I get like 2hrs uptime then I get hit with a bsod... Really annoying.

This was the last one.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xb3a63087, 0xb3a90be4, 0xb3a908e0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031708-04.dmp.

Minidump 4:
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, b3a63087, b3a90be4, b3a908e0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

I wasn't suggesting there isn't ample power output, instead, possibly unstable output. Perhaps that isn't the case though.

Not sure exactly what application you could use to test the video memory. Probably the most solid way to go about it would be to replace the VPU for a day or two and see if your issues clear up.

When I have the Asus PC-Probe monitoring program open the memory voltage changes from 2.11 to 2.13. In the Bios its meant to be 2.1... Is that normal or to much fluctuation/unstable output. Other then that the other voltages don't seem to change. Or could that be a sign that one of the memory sticks is dodgey?.... Be good if I had a spare PCI-E GFX card to test it. I'll run another memtest for each stick again. So 7 passes per stick should be ample?

Too much fluctuation is indeed bad, however, what you're seeing is not too much if the RAM is supposed to be at 2.1v. Generally it's fair game to expect 10% +/- the desired voltage, and strict overclockers/enthusiasts desire 5% +/-. You're fine...

Seven passes per module is ample, yes.

The bus itself is not in suspect, the VPU is. Thus, you don't have to restrict yourself to the PCI-E x16 bus, any VPU your motherboard will accept is fine. If you can get your hands on a PCI VPU that will do. Otherwise, just wait and maybe someone will have a program for you.

First of all thanks for your help =).

Now I'm hoping this is the memory stick at fault here and not something else causing the halt. I did a memtest on each memory stick. On one of them during the 7th pass I got a "Unexpected interrupt - Halting" "good, bad, Err - Bits Count chan. I took a photo which ill post soon. It still showed 0 in the error column but it hung so I' m hoping it is the memory and it didn't get a chance to post.

Pic of the memtest where I got the "Unexpected interrupt - halting"

Thoughts on this?

Attachments

• memtest.jpg
    memtest.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 5
You can try cleaning the RAM's contacts but it's pretty safe to assume that it's defective if Memtest86 is halting.

Considering the fact that only one of the modules is suspected to be faulty - leave it out of your PC for a bit and see how things go.

Running with 3 sticks in at the moment. Seems stable. I've been doing some reading to do with my ram and motherboard. Apparently theres lots of issues with having 4 sticks installed. Need to manually change voltages and timings. I made a post on Corsair to see what they recommend. Still doesn't explain the "unexpected interrupt - halt" though. However I did forget to turn off legacy usb support. So perhaps that caused it? Or it may not like the sli-ready option. Anyway I'll see if I get a good 24hr uptime with the 3 sticks + a memtest. Then I'll try another memtest on the suspect one by itself. If that comes up clean then I'll look at turning off sli ready memory and change all the settings manually like the corsair forums suggest to see if I can get the 4 running together.

Thanks again Zenosincks.

I didn't realize you were running XP Pro with four gigs. Yes, there are a lot of people that have experienced your issues with this OS and 4 gigs because XP will only recognize 3 gigs (some say 3.5).

Yeah thats another problem. Windows xp only sees just over 3gig. But that doesn't cause anything other than not utilizing it all. I'm hoping I have it sorted. Basically had to change all my voltages manually and disable a few options in the bios, as well as manually setting all my memory timings etc. It seemed the new bios update was causing fluctuations in voltages when in auto. It seems asus released a beta update without actually mentioning it in the description. Hopefully the next update will fix those problems. At the moment it seems stable but you never know with tedious things such as this. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Thanks for much appreciated help.
Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back