NEED HELP!! Dell Dimension 3000 3.00GHz 1GB ram ~Where do I find the CPU slot?~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site and everything dealin w/ the hardware of a computer. I'm kinda in a bad spot now and i've always kinda been since i bought this computer! Well my question in general is Can anyone tell me is there any way to find the CPU slot my motherboard has...??!?? Specs are... Dell Dimension 3000 Pentium 4 3.00GHz and 1GB of ram! Little backround info on why i need this answered.. i'm a gamer and always have been for about 5 yrs now but when i bought this computer some 4 yrs ago it had the intel graphics controller as a video card, i upgraded if u can call it an upgrade to the only direct x 9 video card that was pci only..a nvidia FX5200, now i'm trying to get the fps for the newer games that are coming out and i need a new motherboard for my comp so i can get a PCI-E. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.... BECAUSE DELL WONT RELEASE THIS INFORMATION TO ME B/C THEY DON'T SUPPORT THIRD PARTY UPGRADES!!!!!

I had the exact PC a few years ago so I think that I can help. Your PC is a normal ATX type computer. Any atx mobo will fit in there. Do you live near a warehouse type store like "Fry's Electronics"? They specialize in PC parts and have excellent deals on mobo/cpu bundles. I upgraded to a socket 775 board with a dual core Pent D 945 Presler cpu. The board takes the pc-3200 400 mhz ram or the pc-4200 533mhz ram (DDR2). So you can use your current ram for now. I suggest DDR2 when you can. (2GHZ). The pci-express slot is there, as are SATA inputs if you upgrade your hardisk sometime. Good Luck.

I suggest building a whole new PC from scratch and keeping your old working Dell as a second PC or as a backup. The reason is when you replace your motherboard to a PCI-E compatible one, you will have to replace so many of your other components it will be almost all new anyway. Of those parts you could possibly save, you might want to upgrade those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back