Need Help Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, I have a problem that I can't seem to fix with my computer. It boots up fine and when it gets to the screen that should say "welcome" (on my computer you don't have to type in a password or anything to log in it just usually says welcome and then logs in). well, instead of saying welcome, it just has the windows xp icon in the middle right portion of the screen and it just freezes there. i've tried everything to fix it. i've tried putting in the windows xp recovery disk and it doesn't load, it sounds like it is, but no screen appears that shows it's starting. i've pressed F8 a million times and have tried to go into safe mode but it will freeze at that screen again. i was just wondering if any of you knew any tips on how i can fix this.

And please make an effort to title your threads more descriptively in the future.

thanks howard hopkinso, i used that method and i basically just re-did my whole computer to how it was when i first got it and put in windows. i am a little mad because all 400 songs from my itunes are gone and all my word files were deleted, but at least my computer is back and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back