Need help finding a good video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmt

I am upgrading my computer and I was wondering what vid card would be good to purchase. I was looking at the 7900's on newegg and I see that they've got some problems. Is there an ATI equivalent to this thats more stable/better? I am on somewhat of a budget too so I don't want to spend more that 250 to 300 if I have to. Thanks.

They're easy to find. Getting to money to get them is the problem. Yes theres a ATI equivalent. I don't keep up on this stuff but i'm sure someone will tell you what it is soon.

Nice components. Especially the power supply. Good choice, and yes, you should be fine with those.

Now you need to choose the video card...

I'm liking that X1800XT, I checked gamespots oblivion hardware guide and it says that runs at 30 fps, (which i am guessing is good, i dont follow the whole fps stuff) but i have one question. What is the difference between that card you suggested which is the retail version, over the OEM version other than that the OEM is 20 bucks cheaper???

darkmt said:
I'm liking that X1800XT, I checked gamespots oblivion hardware guide and it says that runs at 30 fps, (which i am guessing is good, i dont follow the whole fps stuff) but i have one question. What is the difference between that card you suggested which is the retail version, over the OEM version other than that the OEM is 20 bucks cheaper???
oem is just the card with not box..its hard to believe that nice packaging is including inthe price tag for retail

well does the oem come with all the stuff, i mean is it really worth it for the 20 extra bucks?

darkmt said:
well does the oem come with all the stuff, i mean is it really worth it for the 20 extra bucks?

Sometimes they come with games and adapter, but I think you can live without them. The card is the important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back