Need help finding drivers for Dell Latitude C510/C610

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,I just reinstalled a new copy of windows xp onto my laptop and deleted the partition that was already there and created a new one and I think this is why im having trouble right now.The problem is i insert my netgear wireless pc card and the laptop doesnt read it anymore.The lights on the card do not even come on anymore. So im guessing im missing drivers for the pc card slot. I tried checking dell.com but am very confused about which is the driver I need. Would anyone be able to help me out? This is driving me crazy! My laptop is a Dell Latitude C510/C610 running windows xp service pack2. Thanks

First, you are better off installing all the drivers Dell offers for your system

The PCMCIA slot support should come with the motherboard/chipset drivers.

Nodsu said:
First, you are better off installing all the drivers Dell offers for your system

The PCMCIA slot support should come with the motherboard/chipset drivers.
Thanks for your response! Which ones are the motherboard/chipset drivers? Im kind of confused.Im not that good at computers.Can you tell me which are the motherboard drivers I should install?
http://support.dell.com/support/dow...s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P3C_C610&os=WW1&osl=EN

I tried looking there but I dont see anything that says motherboared. Thanks

You need the "Chipset" drivers. I didn't find any for C610, but they are available for C510. Which system do you really have?

Nodsu said:
You need the "Chipset" drivers. I didn't find any for C610, but they are available for C510. Which system do you really have?
Thanks for your help but all I had to do was reinstall windows xp again and the card started working. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back