Need help getting around a firewall at a college LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephyvaline

Greetings, I was hoping somone here could give me a bit of networking help, my best friend and I recently departed to seperate colleges, we've been gaming partners for the past six or so years, but now the only game he can play online is Warcraft 3.
The Firewall at his school seems to block the ports for most of the other games (Battlefield 2, World of Warcraft, AAO) and I was wondering if there is any way to configure a game to run on a different port? I know the ports for warcraft three are 1119 TCP/UDP and 1120 TCP/UDP. Is there any way to configure battlefield 2 or AAO to run on those same ports(so long as the two games are not running at once)?
Any other solutions would be welcome as well, just some way to either change the ports the program runs under, or if anyone knows a workaround for LANs that have such firewalls.

have a look for a program called http-tunnel. me mate at work mentioned this to me a while back when he had a similar issue, says its designed purposely for bypassing firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back