Need help getting power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I've had this computer a friend helped me build since January, It has worked fine until recently. this is the second time this has happened but the power buttone just doesn't work. There is a led light on the Mobo so it is getting power (at least a little) and I don't know why it won't start beyond that light.

Here is a list of any of the parts I even think could be the problem. If anyone can help it would be appreciated greatly. as I said it happened once before but I cannot figure out why it started working again. I tryed just about everything that time and right after I gave up and put it back I tried it and it worked. that was a few weeks ago and now I am stuck again....

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard \
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 2.2GHz Socket 939 Processor ModelADA3500BPBOX
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-400 ATX12V 400W Power Supply
Rosewill TU-155 Black 0.8mm SGCC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W(20+4 pin) Power Supply (note I am using the other power supply not the one that came with the case)
ASUS EN6800GT/2DT/256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWINX2048-3200C2P

yeah that is what I thought it was but I have made sure they were in all the way and in the right spot and it isn't changing anything.

It should be hooked up fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back