Need help getting sound out of screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderu1

i am currently using a TRUTECH 19" LCD TV & DVD & PC MONITOR 3 n 1 as my computer screen but I can not figure out how to get the sound to come out of the speakers that are attached to the screen. If anyone knows how please help me

Go into your control panel "click start then click on control panel in the list" then click on sounds and audio devices. You should see the type of speaker setup you have. If it shows the screen speakers that are being used change it to your speakers that sit on your computer desk. example; I switch between my headset and my speakers a lot. So in "sounds and audio devices" click on advanced for "sound playback" you should see the list of options of what your speaker setup could be. Pick the one that suits you. You may want to look around in "sounds and audio devices" to make sure everything is what you want it to be.

If that doesn’t work then make sure your speaker setup is plugged into the back of your tower rather then plugged into anything else. That should override your speakers in your screen.

Cheers

im not trying to override the speakers on my screen im trying to get sound to come out of them and the cable i am using is the wide blue plug that connects a screen to the computer

Real quick, just to completely understand

you are using a LCD TV/Monitor as your computer display, and you have a wide blue plug that u are connecting from you computer to your display?

if yes, the blue plug only relays video, so there is going to be a plug from your computer called "audio out." make a connection between the Audio Out from your computer to the Audio In on your TV! This plug should look identical to a head phone jack that you can find on a ipod or something similar. you will need this cable (cord really, i think of cables when i think of Large cords) that has 2 male ends (Male end plugs into a female end)

Computer <-------> TV Speekers

Reference:
Male End: -
Female End: < and >
Cord: ------

Hope that Does the trick!

ah, I understand. Ya lol you deffinatly need that wire. It should be a black cord with two green plug ins at each end. Green is just the usualy colour that indicates that it is a sound cable. although it may be a diffrent color if it goes to a TV/Monitor. Ask the people at the computer store and explain exactly what your setup is.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back