Need Help Getting Speedfan to work with my Emachines 6809

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastco

Can't figure out if it will even read my fan speeds and temps but I use SIW to see what motherboard I have and it says Emachines with a VIA chipset. SpeedFan doesn't have Emachines listed in the motherboard list (I know it's garbage) but is the another motherboard setup I could choose to get SpeedFan to work? Thanks in advance....

You dont say what happens when you install the software, but if the software requires you to select the chipset/motherboard/Bios then you should make sure that your system is supported,it is not a good idea to run this type of utilty on a non supported system. If the software is well written it will detect any incompatability and setup will terminate, however some software of this type will just install anyway and could damage your system.

The software installs and will analyze my hard drive but can't see my fan (laptop). My motherboard isn't supported but it also doesn't give me any options to "screw" anything up. I don't need the software, just thought I would give it a try. Thanks for the reply..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back