Need help! Im computer dumb! Blank screen on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I can promise you Im probaly the dumbest computer person on this forum. I have three young sons that play on my computers and they can mess stuff up. Anyways all of a sudden the better computer of my 2 went blank. My guess was a virus as everytime I went on that computer I had to turn on the firewall. The same thing happen in 12/06 and it was still under warranty. It took 10 hours on the phone with dell to fix. Warranty is over now. I remember a few things the techies had me do but very little. I have tried to put in reinstallation disk, the same. I pulled the video card?? and memory cards?? Still nothing. Im real down on cash or I would just pay to get it done. Does anyone have a suggestion? I dont even no where to start.
Thanx, Dummy Doug

could yougive a little more info? what do you mean by "went blank"? does the computer turn on at all?

Get into the SAFE Mode by pressing F8 several times before the Windows start up bar appears. Select VGA Mode in the list that appears and reboot your system normally

I tried that and at first I wasnt getting the windows load bar. So I pulled memory cards? and video card? and I tryed it again pressing f8 and it went into windows but I could barely use mouse so I turned off computer and on and its blank again. It seems to me that keyboard isnt really working either. Thank you for your reply. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Dummy Doug

The keyboard dosnt work. Im in windows now. My mouse barely works. Is there anything I can do from here? I will leave it on windows

You may have a failing power supply or motherboard. It may be time to take it to a computer shop or have a computer savvy friend look at the computer for you

Take some pictures of the insides of your computer, then I might be able to tell wht is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back