Need Help in Upgrading Firmware on an Access Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

UPDATE: Never mind. I thought the correct thing to do was to put my IP in my browser Window as is (no HT%TP, etc) and I was right. For some reason my browser wouldn't accept it except on the third try. Why? I haven't a clue.

I know very little concerning networking except I set up my Linksys G router five years ago and I haven't touched it since.

I purchased a Trendnet N Access Point in order to supply wireless connection throughout my house. It is connected to my router with a CAT 5 cord. Installation was a breeze and the first 48 hours connection throughout the house, whether upstairs on the opposite end of the house or on the first floor, was excellent to very good. I was pleasantly suprised.

Long story short, I unplugged the power to my AP for computer diagnosing. When I plugged the power cord back in the signal between my wired router and the AP is now not working or best sporadically. I have switched CAT 5 cords, switched router ports, unplugged the power to both router and AP and sometimes it sets but then it will lose (the LED signals for both the wireless segment and power remain strong). Like right now after yet another power reset to the AP for some reason the connection between router and the AP is strong. This back and forth should not be.

After researching I found that a firmware upgrade is probably in order. I was directed to Start > Run > cmd > Ipconfig and from there I would get my IP address.

Then I am to go to my router's configuration page. This is where I am stuck. What do I do next? I have the IP address but how do I get to my router's configuration page? What step or steps am I failing to do? Once I navigate to the Administrator section Trendnet gives instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks for reading this.

My I be of some assistance here? Which model do you have. The have emulator I can see what your working with?

I would download the firmware to the PC you have connected to the AP but your going to use hardwired connection to that AP to upload the firmware to it.

Again which model do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back