Need Help installing DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a DVD player and CD burner. Tryed to install new DVD burner, didn't work. Uninstalled DVD player and CD burner, when trying to boot up it directs me to safe mode to correct problems but I don't know what the problems are. It won't boot up. Can you give me any advice as to what to do?
Thanks.

The optical drive and hard drives have to be set up as masters and slaves. The hard drive is the primary master on IDE channel 1, and the CD drives are secondary master and slave on channel 2. You have to set the jumper on the back of the new drive to slave and connect it to the same cable the hard drive is on. The jumper on the new drive may have been set to master.

I set the jumper in back of the DVD burner to slave and the IDE cable to slave and got the infamous blue screen. Then I set the IDE cable to master and got directed to the Safe Mode.I know there must be something simple I'm doing wrong but can't figure ot out yet.

Make sure the jumpers on the other CD drives are set right. Have you tried going into the BIOS and letting it Auto Detect the drives?

The other 2 CD drives are no longer connected.Are the bios under device manager-system devices?Went into system board extension for ACPI BIOS.Under driver files details it has C:windows\system\VMM32.VXD[CONFIGMG.VXD]. I think that is what the error on my blue screen had on it.It looks like it is using automatic settings.

Usually you press the DELETE key when the computer first boots, but with some brands you press F2 or F5.

I don't show any drives in bios. I have primary master-Maxtor 92041u4, primary slave (auto),
secondary master (auto), secondary slave(auto).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back