Need help installing Radeon 9250 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! :wave: new comer here.

I recently got an ATI Radeon 9250 256mb (RX9250-TD256), I was able to install the card to extent that I have display on my monitor and I am able to use it. The problem is that I can't install the driver. I'm having an error message that says "setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration..."

I previously have an nVidia FX5200, I'm fairly sure I have already uninstalled the drivers but I have no way of ensuring that all the components have already been removed. Anyway, I have also disabled the integrated vga.

I tried to install the driver in safe mode but it gives me a different error message: "setup was unable to complete the installation try to setup your display adapter with a standard vga driver before running setup"

Here are my system specs:
Intel Celeron Processor 2.00 GHz with 256mb RAM
MoBo: Micro Star International P4M266-8233
Chipset: VIA P4m266(VT8751)
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies (latest version)
AGP version 2.0

I'm a noob at this so if you need any more information I'd be glad to provide.

Going to ati from nvidia and visa/versa can be a pain. Do this in order.
re-download new driver, save it to your desktop
un-install both the nvidia and ati drivers (go to control panel/programs)
nvidia should be listed as nvidia drivers, ati as catilyst---something like that
re-boot your system and allow the generic windows driver to install
run install program you downloaded from your desktop
if that doesn't work you'll need a driver-cleaner program, I believe there are free versions floating around, google for it
good luck

Hi there! thanks for the very quick reply, I've got a problem with the generic windows driver too. I can't seem to install it, it says that the installation failed.

Try clicking on your adapter in Control Panel and uninstalling.

Reboot and let Windows find it.

I tried that, but when windows attempts to install generic driver it always ends up not installing it saying it can not find the driver. I tried connecting to the internet but still the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back