Need help installing video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLambie

I am rebuild my old computer and have this new video card that came from my new system - which when I bought it I had a newer vido card put in so they just giave this one to me - anyway

It it a ASUS 8500 GT - my problem is I installed video cards before but this one has a wire coming for it - where do I pog this wie into

May be its for the cooling fan? Can you post a pic of your motherboard and the wire from the video card?

Are you talking about the 6 pin PCI-E connector?

Attachments

• PCI-E Connector.gif
    PCI-E Connector.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
the 8500gt doesn't use an additional power connector thought Rit, has to be the fan or a language barrier.

Photo of card trying to install

Here is a picture of the Video Card I am trying to install - as you see in this picture the card a black and white wires with a connector - where do I conect this?

David

Attachments

• IMG_1252b.jpg
    IMG_1252b.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
that wire is more than likely some sort of audio plug of some sort i dont think it has to be pluged in to make the card work.

Here is a picture of the Video Card I am trying to install - as you see in this picture the card a black and white wires with a connector - where do I conect this?
You don't connect it anywhere.
There should no no cables involved with the 8500, i'm pretty sure.

Actually, those wires are used for HDMI Audio, you connect them to your Motherboards Audio Headers/Sound Card Headers, if your looking at using HDMI or something of the sorts, that's what that Cable is used for. (I don't really remember the name at this moment tho)

It's a useless Cable that you can pull out unless you're going to be using HDMI.

Also, looking at the Graphics Card, there is an HDMI Port. Question Anwsered. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back