Need help installing windows please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSochalski

I recently put in a new Motherboard and Cpu. When I go to install windows I need to also install the sata drivers. I don’t know how to make a floppy from the CD that came with the motherboard, and I am also not sure when and how to install those drivers. I am trying load windows xp home edition.

Thank you for your help

Kevin Sochalski

Try your motherboard mfg. website

Try downloading the drivers from the mfg. website, extract the files onto a floppy and boot from windows cd, during configuration, hit F6 when asked and that will ask you for the floppy, put floppy in, hit enter and that should do it. it should look something like this (copy to a new browser and insert following url)

tinyurl.com/26haht

good luck

I tried to do that. I don’t know which files I need. I have a P4M900T-M version 1 motherboard. It’s made by elite group. It’s an Intel 775 socket.

Can you please look at the website and find out which ones I need. I apologize for asking you to do that, but I have a lot of time, money, and effort into this build and this should be the last thing I need to do. Unfortunately I don’t know what files I need. If the manual had directions for creating the floppy that would be awesome, but it doesn’t, it just tells me to insert the VIA VT8237 Disk Driver into the floppy drive A. All I have is the CD, and I don’t know how to get it to run the floppy creating program from another computer. there’s no options for it. It will only try to install it’s drivers on the other computer, and that’s obviously not what I want.

Sorry it will take you a few extra minutes to go through the process and then spell it out for me, but if I can get this disk made I will be extremely happy.

Thank you for your help

Kevin Sochalski

download the raid/sata files from here

http://tinyurl.com/2qp3n2

scroll down to where you see the following, and download the driver. Extract onto a floppy and boot from cd, when windows starts to configure your hardware, press F6 when prompted and it will ask you for the cd.

RAID
Driver Name VIA SATA RAID Controller Driver
Version 5.50B
Release Date 2007/05/31
Update Description VIA SATA RAID Controller Driver
Special Note 1.6V

File Size 377KB
Support O.S Windows 2000 ; Windows XP ; Windows XP 64bit edition ; Windows 2003 ; Windows Server 2003 x64 ; Windows Vista
Download Taiwan USA China

Ok, I did that. I downloaded that file and extracted all. Then copied the whole thing to a floppy. When it comes time to press f6 I do and it tells me to put the floppy in and press enter when ready, but when I do, it thinks for a minute, then it goes back to that same screen telling me to insert the floppy and press enter. It won’t recognize it. What should I do now? Do you think it might be the wrong files? I just had all of the hardware checked out and it all checked out good. Think fry's electronics could have screwed me on the hardware check? I hope they didn’t, I’m hoping you have another suggestion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back