Need Help looking for a good External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

I am needing an external hard drive to back up my computer. It would be nice if I could put movies,etc on there to, but I also need to be able to unplug and store it when I'm done.

I have searched Newegg, but really have no clue what would be best for me. I would like to keep the price at around 50-100 dollars.

Hi

Well you could just buy an 80 gig 2.5" laptop drive off Ebay and then buy a USB HD caddy and put the drive in it.

Regards

mopar man said:
I am needing an external hard drive to back up my computer. It would be nice if I could put movies,etc on there to, but I also need to be able to unplug and store it when I'm done.

I have searched Newegg, but really have no clue what would be best for me. I would like to keep the price at around 50-100 dollars.

the best solution would be to buy a cheap hard drive, the cheapest at the time u are looking, the bigger the better, and then buy a hard drive caddy USB, once u start windows with this installed an plugged in everything should be there and with it turned on then u can move files to and from it in any fassion u want.

Well, the problem is I forgot to mention my dad was wanting one we could just plug in, without doing anything like that. Plus, I don't know how to do that... :):knock:

Well if it is an USB drive your dad wouldnt need to do anything more than finding the usb port and plug it in (and the power cable of course).

So for ease of use I would definitely go with nickc and Ididmyc600 and just buy a harddrive and an USB caddy.
If you value simplicity more than price you can of course buy the whole thing already put together (personally I think that is a bit of waste of money but it is all individual choices of course)
Iomega sells a few of those http://www.iomega.com/direct/produc...&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=63191&bmUID=1181892896686

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back