Need Help!! New Rebuild Blue Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootter

Ok, My emachine quit, PSU, surprised right. Well I ripped it apart and bought everything new except the CPU and hard drives.

Old Parts:
2.62 Celeron
40g WD hd
40g Seagate hd
Ejunk case

New parts:

Biostar P4M80M4
128mg Gforce4 vid card--- shoulda got the 256 I know
Soundblaster Audigy 6.1
1g ram
480watt PSU

Ok got everything installed, I knew I would have problems trying to keep the OS the same without reloading, but hey sometimes it will work without to much trouble. I tryed to boot, got the cmos setup (to the best of my ability) it went to the screen to choose normal or safe mode, tried them all! it shows the windows startup screen and immediately blue screened.
Tried changing things around for awhile and gave up on that. I then tried putting in my restore cd's to reload it as an emachine, it did go through the set up, loading the files. But when it says to remove the cd and reboot to finish the stupid thing still blue screens.

Is there a hardware problem here? Or do I need a clean copy of XP?
Never had one do this to me so I'm kinda at a loss here. Any help would be great.

You'll probably have to install a clean version of XP. Your old motherboard drivers are probably messing you up. I don't think the emachine XP disk will work as they most likely built the drivers into the XP install itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back