Need help! Newly built pc won't go to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go to boot my computer it gets past the POST and I have to choose how to boot windows (normal, safe mode...) I choose and then it reboots. Can't figure it out.

Asus A8N E
Corsair Value Select 1024 DDR400
AMD Athlon 64 3200
Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB

Thanks for any help.

was it working before? any how

insert ur windows xp disc inside get to the setup screen to get den press 'r' to get on to recovery console, when in the recovery console type 'fixboot' this installs a fresh copy of the required files needed by windows to boot up

if this doesn wrk insert ur OS disc agen in and get to setup follow the options for a fresh copy when u get to chosing how u want to install it choose repair previous version of windows. hope it helps:)

mfaizan91 said:
was it working before? any how

insert ur windows xp disc inside get to the setup screen to get den press 'r' to get on to recovery console, when in the recovery console type 'fixboot' this installs a fresh copy of the required files needed by windows to boot up

if this doesn wrk insert ur OS disc agen in and get to setup follow the options for a fresh copy when u get to chosing how u want to install it choose repair previous version of windows. hope it helps:)

ok thats what xp did to me and when i put xp disc in nothing happens it just keeps looping when i get start windows normally or safe mode i hit either one and it restarts.

I have the same problem, anyone have answers?

mholt82 said:
ok thats what xp did to me and when i put xp disc in nothing happens it just keeps looping when i get start windows normally or safe mode i hit either one and it restarts.

I have the same problem.

I noticed on one of my previous machines if I had the master and slave drives not hooked up correctly on the cable it posts, then reboots 5 seconds after.. I had never seen it happen before, but check that aswell.

well ide cables are almost ***** proof . one thing i have not tried is using my old set but my old mobo was fried my mom had it pluged into a wall and there was a bad storm etc. could it be the jumper settings i took the old hdd out thats used to be in comp because when i formated it out of 40gig i only recovered 2. anyway i gave up on xp amd decided to ue vista after it installs it does its reset then sits at blank screen. and im wondering if the jumper settings are wrong that after my install its not reading the OS. i need to figuer something out im getting tired of posting from my blackjack lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back