Need help of weird display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampaileo

I searched the forum on similar problem for hours but couldn't find one or may be I missed it.
Computer and monitor about 2 yr+. Everything worked in perfect condition until quite recently.
Problem : display will have green dots and some pink dots across the screen whenever window live messenger is opened. Refresh screen won't help but display will be back to normal if I activate the display property screen and click the OK button.

- Intel 4 3.2g
- window XP Pro SP2
- mobo MSI6788 (848P-Neo-V
- Radeon 9250 128mb (AGP)
- RAM 512 mb
- monitor Samsung SyncMaster 793DF 17' CRT

Live Messenger still has alot of glitches. I sometimes have 1 or 2 problems a week but can get around it. What version do you have? 8.1 is out of beta, you could try the newest 8.5 (but that's a beta) if you still have problems.

ampaileo said:
I searched the forum on similar problem for hours but couldn't find one or may be I missed it.
Computer and monitor about 2 yr+. Everything worked in perfect condition until quite recently.
Problem : display will have green dots and some pink dots across the screen whenever window live messenger is opened. Refresh screen won't help but display will be back to normal if I activate the display property screen and click the OK button.

- Intel 4 3.2g
- window XP Pro SP2
- mobo MSI6788 (848P-Neo-V
- Radeon 9250 128mb (AGP)
- RAM 512 mb
- monitor Samsung SyncMaster 793DF 17' CRT

After above problem getting worst over the weeks (with any windows opened) I changed a new video card (same type with updated driver). The problem was rectified but another problem arises. i.e. display occasionally distorted and system hang when playing on line shockwave game. Any help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back