need help on choosing veido card ati x850pro vs x800gto

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

im builnig a new pc in a monthn and have a tuff diccision on a x850pro with only 12 pipline pixiles but aroud 520\1000 but on the other hand an x800gto has 16 pipline pixles nut oonly 400\980 and is chepper i tihnk so please helpo me ,, thanks

get what your budget allows. gfx cards become obsolete very fast, so you should consider that when making your purchase. the difference between those two card you mentioned are minor-expect good performance from either card.

i hear the gto over clocks, im an overclocking nood so if i get the gto do u tihkn i could get it to 430\1030on stock air and also if i got that card i can save some ony for ats new next gen cards thanks for your help

whit is better more pips or better speed on a viedo card

sorry, why you ruling out nVidia straight away. I would go for the nVidia GeForce 7800GTX if your budget allows. :grinthumb

yea, i sohuldnt have but the gtx is out of my budget at 400+ i cant affored that if im only buing a 1000 dollor gamming computer, i looked at the 6800 series and anone can match the speed or pips on the x800gto

don't compare completely different cards based on their clock speeds and pixel pipelines. successful overlocking involves soem math work, because you have to keep latencies down between the buses, which were designed to run at a certain speed together.

ok, ill definitly at that by latincees you maean t the grafx card wouldnt got stock 400\1500 you would have to to go 600\1500 as an exampl, , its tihs what you mea, ps would you go with the gto or the x850 pro

do the math youirself, as it depends on numerous specs that are not included in your post.

an example would be the FSB:RAM ration on a run of the mill P4 HT system. the FSB and RAM clocks would be 200MHz:200MHz, both at 64 bits wide. with DDR architecture, those clocks have an actual performance of 800MHz:400Mhz (6.4GBPS:3.2GBPS). as it is, the buses don't have to 'wait' for each other, because thier clocks are in sync. if you change the ratios, it will create latencies and, more often than not, the faster clock rate actually lowers overall system performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back