Need help! Programs keep quitting without any error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormminister

I formatted my desktop yesterday and installed a fresh genuine WinXP. However, programs keep quitting without any error message. So far, both IE and realplayer have experienced this problem. Anyone has a clue what happens to my desktop?

I would start by looking the Event Veiwer. If it is not an infection , etc. I would re-install the windows installer.

I have look at the Event Viewer. I found something like this:
Type: Warning
Source: Disk
EventID: 51
Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

So, what does that mean? Is my harddrive damaged?

(I just figured out this is caused by my flash drive, but still the problem hasn't been solved yet...)

By the way, I attach those minidumps which are after I format and reinstall WinXP.

Two more programs have experienced it. One is the game Rainbow6: Vegas. It quitted while loading an in-game video.The other one is the AVG virus scan. It quitted during scanning.

There is no new minidumps. Only those which I had posted at #7. I changed a RAM and a video card before formatting. I had used memtest and found no errors in my RAM. So, would that be my new video card causing this problem? My motherboard is ASUS P4R800-VM and it includes an on-board video card. However, I added a new one which is ATI Radeon X1600pro 512MB AGP8x/4x before I formatted. Any clue?

Memtest isn't perfect. It's more likely to be the RAM rather than the video card. Your new minidump is listing memory corruption. Try your RAM how it was before and see if the crashes stop.

BugCheck 4E, {99, 3d190, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteValidAddress+126 )

I see. Thanks peterdiva. But does a faulty RAM slot on the motherboard cause this problem, too? Because this RAM I am using now is newly bought. The previous RAM had some flaws on the pins so I replaced it. You suggest me to exchange for another new RAM then?

The RAM could be incompatible with the motherboard as well as being faulty. What's your RAM setup? Is It the same RAM as before?
If you only have one stick then try it in another slot.

My previous one was a 512MB DDR PC3200 184pins RAM. The motherboard manual says it supports to 1GB per slot, so I change to a 1GB DDR PC3200 184pins RAM. Ok, I try to plug it into another slot and let's see what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back