Need help purchasing mb w/ processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have visited before and have gleaned much knowledge from some of the forum posts--thought I had posted here before also---guess not.
Anyway, I'm building my first system [for myself] to get rid of this HP 6630 I have now.
I need a case and processor but need help with the exact things I need. I now own a Memorex dvd dual recorder and a 7200rpm 120 gb hard drive plus a v92 internal modem. I also have a Verto [Vanta] 16mb sdram graphics card.
I am no gamer, but I love working with many graphics, documents and photos. Would also like to be able to connect my Sharp camcorder to the system for creating a movie to burn on cd. Is there any help avaliable for me here at techspot? sure hope so--Keleah
Reply With Quote :giddy:

Welcome to Techspot !
Can you give us an idea of your overall budjet?
Cause there is a lot to chose from.
Also what model is the DVD you might be well advised to keep it.

thanks for the reply, for it is much appreciated. and I have no more than 250 for my budget is very limited.
I may have did something foolish today---being impatient I returned a crt monitor to Best Buy and purchased an e-machine T2824. it sounded like a good deal at 329 with included
cd-rw and dvd writer. I realize it needs more ram which I intend to buy. did I go wrong here as far as you're concerned? as I mentioned before I'm into documents, using paint and a few drawing programs plus photos. really wanted to be able to use my camcorder, but being so excited to finally get another computer I forget to check if I could connect or use the cam with the T2824. thanxs much, Keleah

If you camcorder uses an USB interface to communicate with the computer you will have no troubles using it. On the other hand, if it uses a Firewire connection you might need to purchase a Firewire card in order to connect it to the computer.

Which type of camcorder is it ?

It is a sharp vl-et20u and only has jacks for audio and video. it is easy to use with a tv, but I've never tried it with a computer. bought it in '97 and back then I didn't know what usb was--ha. I had written sharp about this same thing, and I'm quiet sure they said it could be done, but I had to purchase something to do so, can't remember just now. at the time I was using compuserve and ended up losing most of the mail.
had hoped to try it with my laptop running xp home, but a virus wiped the os out.
hp says I can re-install with the 3 oem disks supplied but they won't work.
if there's any specs you need just let me know, and I'll try to contact sharp again.
my thanks, K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back