Need help removing no-longer used program - registry message still appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnySaveABuck

Been a long time since I've used the site (that's a good thing!!), but you've always been able to help me out in the past... My parents were in town recently and wanted to view pictures that had put on a CD at Walmart, put it in my machine and it installed a Kodak picture viewer software which I did not know about until later.

Long story short, I thought I removed the program using the ADD/REMOVE programs feature in Vista since the Kodak program folder did not have an 'uninstall' option. Now I get a runDLL error box at startup. I need help removing any remnants of this program.

My log is attached. Thanks for the support!!

[post=804377]See this post[/post] and try using the Windows Installer Cleanup tool. Try running it to remove your problem program

Thanks for the quick response....downloaded and installed the Cleanup Tool, but the Kodak program is not listed. Any other suggestions? If not, I'll wait for a response for the log that I posted.

1) Does the rundll message reference indicate the name of the file rundll is trying to start?

2) You might also try booting into Safe Mode to confirm you don't see the error in Safe Mode. In worst case, if need be, you can use Selective Startup to narrow down which startup is causing your error

I don't see anything obvious in your HJT so someone else might.

3) You might also look in your Windows Event Log (system log) to see if the problem has generated an entry with more data (note the entries are time stamped so look for the time when problem occured)

The exact error message box / window that appears is:

Error loading C:\PROGRA~2\KODAK\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registration_7.2.20.2.sxt

Help?!?!

HJT isn't providing any clues (that i can see). Let's use a better program for detecting/reporting all your startups.

1. Download Autoruns
2. Unzip the download file and double click Autoruns.exe to run it
3. Wait for it to finish scanning (will say Ready in lower left corner)
4. Click File->Save, change the Save As Type to a .txt file
5. Then attache the .txt file to your next post

Code:
"Task Scheduler"	""	""	""
+ "\Apple\AppleSoftwareUpdate"	"Apple Software Update"	"Apple Inc."	"c:\program files\apple software update\softwareupdate.exe"
+ "\EasyShare Registration RunOnce Task"	""	""	"File not found: C:\PROGRA~2\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registration_7.2.20.2.sxt"
It's in the Windows Task Scheduler.

Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Scheduled Tasks
Rt click on the item and Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back