Need help removing unwanted program!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krautdog

Hey Everyone,

I have an .exe that refuses to be deleted. I had tried to download the Halo game program but all I got was flt-halo.exe. I am sure I tried to open it before I realized there wasn't any install program or anything. Now I just want to delete it but Windows (XP) is telling me I can't delete it because it is being used by another application, but I can't find out which. I installed WinTasks Pro just to find it and get rid of it, but it doesn't show up in any of the running programs. It is a pretty big program at almost 800MB and I just want to get rid of it.

I would REALLY appreciate any help! Thanks a lot in advance...

-Mike

You might try using a "shredder" utility to delete the file. I've had to do that with a couple of corrupt AVI files in the past. They refused to delete but I was able to delete them using Norton's Wipe Info.

StormBringer - Many thanks to you for helping me out :grinthumb
I went to CNET and downloaded AbsoluteShield, which seemed to be pretty well-liked for a free utility. I now know why...it worked. Thanks again and have a great holiday weekend...

-Mike

Glad to hear you got it fixed. I'll have to check out that utility I've not used that particular one. Might just be a great find since its free and it worked.

De-Install Anti-Virus Program

Need help in removing program Norton Antivirus (symantec)
Prompting a password not known since it was build from a different
Technician. Intent is to remove program and reload it since logs are
indicating Anti-Virus program is corrupted.

krautdog said:
Hey Everyone,

I have an .exe that refuses to be deleted. I had tried to download the Halo game program but all I got was flt-halo.exe. I am sure I tried to open it before I realized there wasn't any install program or anything. Now I just want to delete it but Windows (XP) is telling me I can't delete it because it is being used by another application, but I can't find out which. I installed WinTasks Pro just to find it and get rid of it, but it doesn't show up in any of the running programs. It is a pretty big program at almost 800MB and I just want to get rid of it.

I would REALLY appreciate any help! Thanks a lot in advance...

-Mike
Simple way to remove any program if you are not into manual operationb is to get regcleaner,This program will do more than actly need for your problem,Will scan and remove all .old programs . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back