Need Help! Soundblaster Live 24 bit by Creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdsurf

I have just installed this new card in my Dell D-3000, :p (you can stop laughing now) :) Anyways, In the device manager panel, XP keeps asking for a Audio Media Driver. Why? Should I disable it? I went it to the Bios and turned off the sound and that makes it go away but is that O.K.?

I have done away with all the oneboard drivers and such but none of the other files that go with the motherboard Dell soundcard. Can somebody help me?

I have also installed a Nvidia Ge Force FX 5500 Card and they told me to disable the Video Controller so my new card could work alone. Does my new sound card work on the same deal? To tell you the truth, I have not notice that much of a differnece in my sound but yet again I have only played the new Madonna CD and it's very, very good! I have Logitech speakers too.

Many Thanks,
JpD :confused:

Yeah,it's the same deal as the video card,even though you can have both installed at the same time,enable one and disable the other.Now that you've removed the onboard drivers,windows will see a new device each time you start.By disabling it in the BIOS,windows won't see it and your problem is gone.So to clarify,yes,it's ok to disable it,and yes,you should disable it.

Cool. I just want to make sure. I don't want any more problems with this Dell.
Everbody here is so helpful.

Thanks again,

jpd :bounce: :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back