TechSpot

Need help to identify a video card

By beef_jerky4104
Jul 2, 2007
  1. I need help identifing a video card I salvaged from an evicted home. I did not steal this card! The police were at the house and told me taking things was completely legal. So if you could help me I would be thankful.

The pictures are on this page:

http://thechaoticcheetos.tripod.com/id14.html

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Such low-res images don't help much..

Just plug the card in a computer - it should report its name at startup as long as you remove/disable all other video cards..

3. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 822

The problem is that the card is to long to fit in the PC. And sorry about the low resolution pics. I have a really old digital camera that takes floppies! I bought it of a friend for $10.

4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

That looks like a PCI-X card. Not PCI-Express but PCI-Extended... or maybe AGP Pro. Seems to be meant for a server.

Can you get a close up of the two chips off to the left half of the card? Like a close up as in close enough to read what it says?

5. beef_jerky4104

Done. Although I don't think it'll help much.

6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

As metalx said It looks like a server card.

7. beef_jerky4104

And I beileve that it goes to a server as well. After all I got a free server today. Salvaged from the home as well. However the server only has PCI slots. No PCI-X slots.

8. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Yes, it's a 64-bit card probably from a workstation (Mac?) or a server, but as long as you can fit it to a normal PCI slot, it should work.

On the new image, I see some writing on the top edge of the card. Have you looked any of these strings up?

9. beef_jerky4104

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.