Need Help!! VGA Card problem.. i think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi101

to all computer geniuses out there..

i need help.. i really don't know anything bout VGA cards.. i have a windows xp proffesional OS.. my system was doing fine these past months.. but suddenly my computer got stuck and when i reseted it there was a beeping sound my monitor went blank and in standby mode.. the next morning i turned on my computer and it got inside the bios saying.. "improper external frequency" something like dat..
i reseted it again.. and everything was ok it went to the windows screen.. the part where windows loads.. but after that.. it resets.. it does the same everytime i turn it on.. i tried taking out my video card and use onboard vga.. it goes well.. i can enter windows normally now.. but still there is a problem.. everytime i play a game.. like MU or other games.. the system suddenly resets.. sumtimes displaying a blue screen saying about dumping physical memory and sumthing bout IRQ and a system file.. i dunno wat to do.. i would really appreciate the help.. thanx in advance..

Windows Xp Professional
P4 2.4GHz
256 mb RAM

Asus P4S533-MX
currently using on-board VGA

Asus Radeon9200SE 128MB DDR - the VGA i took out

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing with various bugchecks. 8E/7F/D1/0A

This is a symptom of faulty ram/hardware.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Here are the meanings of your bugchecks.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok.. i usually keep getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message... what can i do to stop this?? could it be because of some heat problems?? the BIOS i use is the latest except for the BETA BIOS that was released...

If you suspect a heat issue. Check your temperatures.

The problem with diagnosing hardware problems, is of course finding which is the faulty hardware.

Check your mobo, for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for more info.

How did the ram/hdd tests turn out.

Regards Howard :)

maybe i can help

try taking out one of your rams i duno how many you have but one of them is the problem check witch one it is it has nothing to do with your vga card.
just for info did you overclock your fsb and wat ram are you using

i have the exact same problem !!!

i have the exact same problem but the strange is that any vga i use will cause the system to crash and display the discussed messages specially when i play a game although i don't think that it's a vga problem because my card meets the recommended requirements of the game and the game is original + i checked my vga and everything seems to be fine except one thing i'm not sure of the plate where we put the fun may get a little bit hot but does that mean that there is a heating problem ? i don't think so because i have geforce fx 5200 128 mb and i played counter strike and it worked perfectly but last time when i made a level with one player only the system restarted by it self this often happens even though the room's temperature is cold enough that my hands are freezing + i have a 1gb ram chip which i attached not long time ago but i can't recall that it caused such symptoms .
i need help too i visited a technician who said that i have a heating problem but i don't belive because he seemed too keen and he wanted to sell me an expensive vga so i don't really believe him about that , but what i don't know is when i bought this PC it used to restarts sometimes by it self just like when i play a game .
so i need help plz taking in account that i'm using P4 3 ghz , 1 gb ram , windows xp home edition , geforce fx5200 , hard disk space about 74GB samsung .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back