Need help virus I cant get rid of - hijack log inside

By sincereshel
Nov 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Im new, i joined cause I need help with this virus problem.

Well recently when I search on google (On firefox) sometimes when I click the link it takes me some other site, usually some ad stuff. One of the sites I remember was Skyape.com. I have ran three different antivirus scans. AVG antivirus, Malware bytes, and Spybot. They all got stuff and a I deleted them, but the problem still remained. Now its even worse, while Im searching the net ads pop up on a new tab. Recently my computer froze and I had to turn it off manually. When it loaded up my taskbar wouldnt load and it froze again. So I had to do f8 on start up and do the "last configuration that worked" I dont know what else to do, and all my restore points were deleted. I remember having this problem before and because of it I had to restart my whole computer to faculty settings. I cant have that again please I need help.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

AVG8 is now old and obsolete

Uninstall AVG8 fully
    Then run the AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/support/avgremover_en.exe

Restart

Download and install Free Avira: http://www.free-av.com/
    Install / Update / Run a full scan

Then continue to here: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Note: you are also running:
    Windows XP SP2
    Internet Explorer v6.00

Which is also very old, and is likely why you are infected
    Consider backing up all data, and re-installing Windows clean (preferred)
  3. sincereshel

sincereshel Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

ok I will try all that out, thanks. Ill repost if anything comes up.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.