Need Help W/ A Small Hoe Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Help W/ A Small Home Network

I recently set up my "Home Network'. I have a Notebook hard wired and a new notebook that is wireless. I've set everything up and they seem to be communicating but for some reason I cannot get access to my old computer from my new one. I keep getting

"...\\oldone is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access Permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer."

Obviously The New Computer can see the Old one but it won't allow access... Please Help...

What are the O/S of the two computers? XP Home forces you to manually Logon to a shared resource(Shared File ,Folder or Drive)

P.S. Welcome to Techspot

As I thought,
You have to make sure you have at least 1 Shared item on both computers(File,Folder, or Drive) with the User on the respective machines Permissions set to Full Control over these Shares.
Home will only see the Share after you enter the password to veiw that item.
It is possible to use a Batch file to Logon automatically, Do a search here(Techspot) I have seen it more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back