Need help with a Hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrag

Hi everyone,

My bandwidth is being eaten by something (it isnt wireless btw). Firefox is really slow, there is a near constant 12kb/s download running and I'm not sure what it is. I ran all the spyware/trojan tools and scanned with avg, NOD32 and Mcafee. I think is the mDNSResponder.exe but I'm not sure.

Here is a HijackThis log:
(edit: removed)

Any help is appreciated.

You have some problems there that Spyware Doctor should have been able to remove. Is Spyware Doctor up to date?
Remove all AVG. It doen't work properly since the upgrade to 8.0. Replace with Avast or Antivir, and run your scans again.

My bandwidth is being eaten by something (it isnt wireless btw)

Uninstall these:
C:\Program Files\Telemeter 3.0\telemeter3.exe
Internet connection bandwidth meter from a user ISP

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
Slows down the computer a lot and uses up bandwidth

Disable this service:
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

Telemeter isnt a prob (thats a bandwidth meter from my ISP) I removed it just in case and it doesnt change anything. I reinstalled spyware doctor and scanned, scanned with antivir aswell... still hasnt changed it. I removed the mDNSResponder (though maybe not fully, there is a .dll I cant remove in its folder)

Just to say that I fixed it somehow, cant remember how (I think with trojan scanner), been a while... thanks for the help anyways ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back