Need help with a new video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killik119

Hey guys.

I reaslise that this site is probably swamped with questions like this all the time, but I'm new to computers and need help. I need a new video card to play some newer games, eg: Neverwinter Nights 2, Gears of War, Team Fortress 2, etc. According to system requirements lab, my video card is the only thing that is failing, everything else makes the cut, barely (except for cpu speed and ram, which are fairly good).

I need to know how good my new video card can be, and still be compatable with my current system. My specs are as follow:
-CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3.33 GHz
-Ram: 1.5 gig
(Current) Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 agp.

I'm looking to spend $200-$300, but willing to go higher if the computer will let me.

NOTE: My computer is a laptop: Toshiba, if it makes any difference.

Most all laptops DO NOT have video cards! They have video chips or IC's on the motherboards. To upgrade your video you would have to change your laptops motherboard costing $300-$600 or more, if it is possible to get another board at all. Another option would be to buy another laptop better at gaming, or build your own desktop computer that could handle any thing you wanted

9700 mobility agp isnt that bad and does support some dx9 features and is compatible with dx9 games.

Youll have to drop your resolution and turn off some features but it may be able to run those games in a limited fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back