need help with audio driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a Driver for my Realtek AC'97 soundcard, however when i entered into the driver download page i noticed that there is alot lf diffrent types of drivers (ALC 650, ALC 880 etc.) and i dont know which one i need for my computer so my question is how do i find out which driver is right for me.

have you tried here
some times its a case of trial and error if you don't know exactly what you are looking for. just try the one what you think is yours and is suitable for your operating system. there is also a link to drivers ant the top of this page, just below the heading

i already tried both in the realtek site and in here, but in all the driver i downloaded he replies in somekinda error message (something in the C:\Documents and Settings\<my account>\Temp...) followed by some Hex code. maybe i restart might fix it ill try.

EDIT: ok, after the restart the installer ran fine, however, after i the installation i restart the computer and looked into the Driver properties and its still that same old version as it was before.

go here and download the free edition of 'everesthome' run it and it will most likely tell you which one you need. it gives you a comprehesive list on whats in your pc.

can i ask you, what happened to make you need the drivers?

tomrca said:
can i ask you, what happened to make you need the drivers?

A game said that my Audio drivers are not updated, and hence some audio options might not work fully, so i wanna be on the safe side. further more sometimes my jacksensing software gets messed up and cant recognize anything there, and to fix it i must restart my computer.

EDIT: I looked into the program, in the Multimedia->PCI/PnP Audio and it says i have SiS 7012 Audio Device. however im 100% sure that i have AC'97

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All that means is you have an sis chipset and you need the sis7012 sound drivers. This is still AC97. You can get them HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back